Monday, August 25, 2008

Un Chapeau Nouveau

I received a box in the mail on Saturday. No surprise, as I had ordered a couple of books (including volumes 4 and 5 of Harmsworth's Household Encyclopedia - woo hoo!). However, when I finally opened the box it contained a brand spanking new Dead Guy hat. Apparently some kind soul out there read my entry and ordered me a new hat, without dust stains and the like adorning it - how cool is that?

So, mystery gifter, if you're in the mood to purchase me another present, I'd like a spinning wheel, an electronic yardage measurer, and a drum carder so I can make my own yarn. My apartment isn't quite full enough of yarn, and being unemployed I really can't afford to purchase more so I'd like to make my own.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ms Feral

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo is too scary. If that be you and you are not wearing whiteface makeup, you had better get out of the batcave and crawl into a tanning bed immediately. (Summer has been canceled and it is now October.)

Oh, by the way, the goat hostage gets it. I thought you were looking to update your image and wanted a classy retro look. I thought Bebe's dark, glamorous look and gangster connection would be appealing, but NO!! I understand now, some long to be the magician's assistant, mesmerized by the magic, wanting to be a pawn in their game. You are mesmerized by scientists, longing to be the assistant to someone who yields a different kind of magic. Be careful, the white coat metaphor can be used for many things.

Jane said...

That's not whiteface, that's my clay mask - it's to refine my pores.

Yes, I do indeed aspire to be the B-move lab assistant - tight sweaters, shrieking and screaming, struggling, kicking, flailing...

And I'll make sure I stay away from white coats with extra-long sleeves.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm still looking for that picture of your salami. BTW, did said salami come from porkland, perchance?